Preparing for your visit: What you need to know
So you’re thinking about visiting Indian Hills? Great news. We think you will be surprised at how comfortable, relaxing and fun it is to be a part of social nudity. Please take a moment to read through the following page. If we missed anything, send us an email or give us a call.
Nudists are some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. It’s hard to be mean when you’re naked.
Can I visit anytime?
We ask that first-time visitors check in during business hours of 9am – 5pm. This way we have an opportunity to show you around and you can get settled while there is someone in the office to answer any questions or help you with something you might need. After your initial visit you can enter until 9pm.
After your first visit, you can come by any day before 9pm to swim, sing & dance, check into a cabin or visit friends.
Once you have your membership, you will receive a gate card and you can come by anytime that fits your schedule.
Cabin rentals come with a gate card that allows gate access anytime. You can also rent a gate card for $10 which you get back when you return the card.
On my first visit must I be completely nude right away?
You can stay dressed for the tour of the resort when you check in the first time – though you can’t believe how many people undress throughout the tour and end up back at the office in nothing but a smile. We understand that you may take a little while to become comfortable. The park itself is clothing optional. Around the pool, hot tub, and clubhouse – nudity is required. That being said, you can remain in your towel, robe or wrap until you’re ready to take it off. Street clothes, including bathing suits are not allowed in these areas. Full nudity is required in the pool and hot tub.
Don’t worry. You’ll be surprised how comfortable social nudity is when you’re surrounded by naked people.
Are single men allowed?
Everyone is welcome. That being said, it is every guests’ behavior that predicts whether or not they will be welcomed back.
Why do people choose nude recreation?
Nude recreation allows people to start living and experiencing the most natural way possible. One important characteristic about nudists; they find it easy to accept others regardless of physical size, shape or body condition. Relaxation, stress relief, positive body image, increasing self-esteem and relief from tan lines are just a few of the reasons people choose the nudist lifestyle. To relax and be nude is to experience life to the fullest.
How can I make my spouse/partner more comfortable about trying it?
When one partner or spouse is a nudist and the other not, problems may arise. You may want to explain what draws you to nudism and what you find relaxing and beneficial. You may come to an agreement to try a visit since it is very hard to make up your mind about something you have not experienced. People tell us all the time that thinking about it is much worse then actually getting naked.
Remember, you will both have plenty of time to get comfortable. Follow this link for additional information on sharing nudism with a partner.
My body is less than perfect. Will I feel out of place?
You will quickly discover that people really do come in all shapes and sizes and that, as far as our bodies are concerned, all of us have nothing to hide. The benefits of nude recreation are based on acceptance of self and respecting the individuality and freedom of others.
What are the benefits of nude recreation?
Self-esteem is enhanced in the nudist lifestyle, where individual body shapes are accepted. Conversation with other members is easy and friendships are formed. Members report total relaxation when they are absorbing the sun au-natural.
Will I feel self-conscious?
Most first-timers adjust to social nudity in a matter of minutes and discover it’s not nearly as big a deal as they thought it would be. Some feel self-conscious before they undress since they’re likely to be the only ones not nude. A first-timer just told us the other day that thinking about it is much scarier than actually doing it.
Do I have to be a member to visit?
We have day passes available as well as memberships. Check out our rates page for the details.
Is Indian Hills a good place to pick up chicks?
‘The Hills’ is a place to relax, meet great people and enjoy social nudism. Sexual advances will not be tolerated and it’s a good idea to avoid expressing your opinion about the physical features (good or bad) of your new friends. We expect you to conduct yourself here in the same manner as other public settings where high behavioral standards are required.
What if we receive unwelcome advances?
Our mission is that everyone feels safe and comfortable. If anyone makes you feel uncomfortable for any reason, please let a member of management know. We will handle all issues with discretion. ‘Behavior not requiring an apology’ is expected from all guests and members.
How much physical contact is allowed?
With a community as great as ours, you can’t help but share some tender moments of affection. Some nudist destinations are very restrictive about physical contact…others are permissive. We are comfortable with appropriate affection that would be acceptable in other public places.
Please never touch others in a sexual way and its best to never touch people you don’t personally know at all. Remember, there is a certain level of vulnerability that comes with social nudity so you must be very careful with approaching anyone in a sexually suggestive way. Even innocent flirting can be uncomfortable when you’re naked.
Use the grocery as an example. If you saw an attractive woman in the grocery would you walk right up to her and grab her butt? Never. And it is never accepted here either.
Do males get visibly excited?
Not often. Nudist clubs are far less sexually charged than places where bikinis, thongs, or other provocative clothing is worn. On the rare occasion where this occurs, simply don a towel, turn over on your lounge chair, or take a quick dip in the pool. As we say… “just don’t hang your keys from it.”
Will my picture be taken or my privacy compromised?
We understand that privacy is paramount to our members and guests. There is never any requirement to be publicly identified or consent to having one’s picture taken as a condition of membership. (Photo identification is required for admission on the first visit, along with other measures to ensure guest security.) If we are doing any photography or filming for promotional reasons it is always in the presence of management, and we personally explain the purpose and goal of the filming, limit it to a specific area, and offer plenty of opportunity to move to a different area. In increasing numbers, however, our members are telling neighbors and friends about their favorite way to relax. They find it’s an idea that’s just too great to keep for themselves!
We never, ever, ever reach out to you in anyway unless you register yourself for the digital newsletter.
What will I need to bring?
- Towels for sitting and showering (it is proper nudist etiquette to always use your personal towel on chairs and lounges).
- Sunscreen is highly recommended and you may want insect repellent especially if you are camping or taking advantage of the nature trails.
- A cooler with the food and drink you need for your stay. Indian Hills has a soda machine but no food for sale at the property. Alcohol is permitted but glass is not. And while we’re on the subject of alcohol…please use moderation when drinking. There are few things more unpleasant than a drunk, naked person.
- Sandals for around the pools and comfortable walking shoes for the trails.
- If you’re coming to a party you can bring a dish if you wish.
- Most importantly, an open and friendly attitude, an understanding of the rules and good behavior will lead to a wonderful visit.
What are the easiest ways to get banned from Indian Hills?
Occasionally we meet people who visit the park for the wrong reasons. We are committed to keeping the park environment safe, friendly and comfortable. The following rules come with a zero tolerance policy and will result in removal from Indian Hills.
Please make sure you understand these rules before your first visit. We greatly appreciate your cooperation.
- Sexual Activity: Sexual Activity of any type in public is strictly forbidden at Indian Hills. Social nudity is about relaxation, acceptance, and friendship. It is best to avoid even the possible perception of questionable activity.
- Inappropriate Advances: Indian Hills is not a ‘hook-up’ destination. Considering the nature of social nudity, extra effort should be made to behave with high standards. Sexual advances will not be tolerated – friendship will.
- Public Drunkenness: Alcohol can turn a fun time into a terrible time as fast as you can say “I’ll have another drink”. Please know your limits. There’s nothing worse then having to scrap with a naked, drunk guy.
- Rude Behavior, Bullying, General Obnoxiousness: We will not tolerate ugly comments, rudeness to guests or staff, fighting, threats or any bullying ever. If you are the type of person that has a hard time being nice and getting along with others then you might not be a good fit for Indian Hills.
- Photography: Photography is not allowed at Indian Hills. Please keep phone use to a minimum. If you have to have your phone or tablet with you, please avoid holding it in a position that could be mistaken for picture taking.
- Click here for other rules.
How much does it cost?
You can find the rates for visiting, camping, cabins and memberships here. If you have any other questions about rates, feel free to call the office at 985-641-9998.
What is there to do at Indian Hills?
We spend a great deal of time relaxing in the heated pool and hot tub, and soaking up the sun poolside. We sing and dance every Friday and Saturday night and celebrate just about every occasion. We also have stocked ponds for fishing and nature trails for walking. We often have cookouts, weenie roasts, fish fry’s. We play games and have contests. Make sure to check the events page and Facebook page often to keep informed. We will send you a monthly calendar if you register here.